- In an '86 Stanza I glide beneath the glowing lights
- That shine upon a street without a name.
- Brick walls stretch forever 'neath the starlight-empty ether
- Where Luna and the Luxor play their game.
- The world slips along with the radio's song.
- I pause to watch the amber, red, and green,
- Travelling alone down roads I've never known,
- The headlights showing sights I've never seen.
- The wind's fingers brush my hair, I breathe in deep the cool night
- The April night seeps deep into my mind.
- The road out in front of me stretches to infinity;
- That's far enough to leave it all behind.
- (On a side note, I wrote this poem back in '97, when the Wallflowers
song "One Headlight" was constantly on the radio. I loved the
song, so I always had it in my head. To get it out of my head, I wrote
the above poem, to the tune of One Headlight.)